DIGITAL TWIN DRIVEN HEATING NETWORK MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS FOR ENERGY EFFICIENT VALUE CHAINS
Description of the DVC THEME
IoT devices enable low latency data collection from the critical points of the heating network and from the clients of heating network, showing their usage habits and preferences set in the local heat management system. There is also publicly available data about the calendar events, regional and national restrictions (such as COVID 19 caused lockdowns) affecting the energy use, energy prices and meteorological data. Combining this data with the spatial and physical properties of the heating network allows creation of digital twins allowing more efficient and data-driven managing the entire heating network and its connected client heat management systems thus decreasing CO2 emissions and energy costs.
Sub-challenges composing this experiment:
This DVC THEME is composed by one challenge:
Expected global results:
To create a data value chain that allows:
- Building managers/ owners to reduce energy costs.
- Heating network managers to identify anomalies within the heating network.
- Heating network managers to support strategic planning of the heating network.
- Building managers/ owners to extract meaningful information about the individual devices’ consumption in a non-intrusive manner.
- Energy utilities to provide added value services for energy saving to their customers.