The tips & tricks you need for a successful application
You are the next generation data innovators! REACH Incubator would love to help you out and see you among our 30 selected startups to join the Round 1 incubation. However, it is up to you to show us how you and your data innovations stand out. The application phase is the time when you can show us your vision and plan for the development of novel trusted and secure data value chains.
Every application is unique and there are no magic formulas. To help you out, we have set up a few tips & tricks so that you can deliver a compelling and strong application.
- Read all the information provided on the website. We mean it! Startups page, Challenge Catalogue, DVC Themes, Open Call Documentation, FAQ. It will help you understand our programme and enable you to position yourselves better.
- Guidelines for Applicants have been prepared to help your proposal to be successful. Read them before completing the F6S application form.
- Always check the list of eligibility criteria (located in the guidelines for applicants) before applying. Among others, the list of eligible countries, limitations regarding country, previous participation in other REACH incubation rounds or I4Trust project.
- Read every question carefully and prepare to be descriptive in your answers. Please note, the application form is structured in a way that applicants from a specific application track (track 1, 2 or 3) answer to the one they have chosen and ignore the other application track questions.
- We held two Open Call Webinars. You can watch a replay here.
- Tailor your application to REACH Incubator – more than getting to know you, we want to know why you are interested in REACH and why you would be a good fit for the programme.
- Show us your data expertise and your data value chain knowledge, and how your startup/SME is different from everyone else!
- Show and explain the data value chain you are creating.
- Read thoroughly the instruction of each question and answer what is specified there.
- Complete the excel file required with the company figures:
- Always provide the estimations for the future. Please, do not leave empty cells (sales estimation or number of employees) and provide the estimations.
- Do not upload empty files, other kinds of information (company presentation, company legal documents…) or files in a different format (own company balance sheet). Always use the template provided.
- Make sure that the uploaded Excel file is readable.
- You must use the Excel template required. Our evaluation is based exclusively on it.
- Complete all the compulsory form fields.
- Revisit your proposal 2-3 times before submitting, we have added/updated a few administrative questions in the meantime (questions 5 (update), 7, 14, 15, 21, 44).
- For Track 1 and 3 application track, when you bring your own data provider, there is an additional form to be completed by the Data Provider. Make sure this is completed before you submit your proposal. The Data provider must be the owner of the data and comply with GDPR.
- Include detailed information about your team, where you’ve been, where you want to go next and what steps will you take to get there.