Privacy-aware provision of End-user feedback on product usage
Summary of the entity:
List institute, a digital systems’ expert. Based in Saclay (Paris region, France), List Institute is one of CEA Tech three technological research institutes constituting CEA technological Division. Dedicated to smart digital systems, our mission is to achieve technological development of excellence for our industrial partners and create value, with more than 200 industrial collaborations per year. List institute counts more than 750 partners and every year more than a 200 partnership activities are being conducted with French and foreign industrial companies on applied research projects in four main topics: Advanced Manufacturing, Embedded systems, Data intelligence and Health ionizing radiations
Summary of the challenge:
The goal is to provide end-users of products with the possibility to share their user data while keeping control of their data at all times.
As hardware end-users use the products such as electronic systems and electrical systems, they can generate useful data that can be useful for hardware designers and manufacturers to improve future versions of the product or even firmware updates with improved functions or optimized resource consumption.
In this manner, end-users are encouraged by product designers and manufacturers to share anonymized usage data.
However, end-users might be concerned with:
- Data privacy, if the end-user is a person and personal data or profiling can be derived from the shared user data.
- Data confidentiality, if the end-user is a company and usage data from the hardware product and confidential industrial data might be derived therefrom (e.g. avionics system in aircraft might reveal equipment usage data, or a controller system in a manufacturing machine might reveal production volumes in a company)
End-users need to have guarantees on the de-identification measures of their data, as well as visibility of how product designers and manufacturers will exploit their data. They may also expect rewards for their sharing of usage data.
– REACH Data Providers
IDEA75: Active Power in electrical motors
– External Data Provider:
Provided by applicants
– Open source datasets:
- To reduce the power consumption of products such as electronic systems and electrical systems, therefore leading to more energy-frugal products used as both consumer goods and industrial equipment.
- To reduce the overall energy consumption of machines.
- To provide user feedback on products to fabricants.
How do we apply?
Read the Guidelines for Applicants
Doubts or questions? Read more about REACH on the About Us page,
have a look at our FAQ section or drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.